Melbourne’s Dental Implant Experts
Looking for a modern solution for your missing teeth?
Then you should learn more about Dental Implants!
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are artificial tooth roots placed into your jawbone that serve as the support for your tooth replacement, which is usually Dental Crown. Dental Implants are composed of posts made from titanium, and they are placed into the area where a tooth is missing. They are made of guaranteed biocompatible materials which are easily accepted by your body. Also, Dental Implants can be used in replacing multiple missing teeth when combined with Dental Bridges.
The Process Of Getting Dental Implants
- 1. Your dentist will determine if you are fit to have a dental implant.
- 2. Once it is determined that you can undergo the treatment, the proper procedure proper will begin. The gap, i.e., the area in which the Dental Implant has to be placed will be prepared.
- 3. Next, the implant is placed into your jaw, and a temporary tooth restoration will be placed on top of your new artificial tooth root until it is good enough to support a permanent tooth replacement.
- 4. The dental implant will be allowed to fuse with your jawbone, through a process that we call osseointegration, which will take about 2-4 weeks.
- 5. Once your Dental Implant completely fuses with your jawbone, the permanent tooth restoration can be placed.
Replacing Missing Teeth Is An Urgent Need
Missing teeth can result in more serious dental and oral health concerns. Apart from making you look a lot older than you are, missing teeth also makes speaking and eating more tricky. Additionally, missing teeth can weaken your jaw and cause bone loss in the affected area. Considering all these perils, dental implant experts strongly recommend that you should have Dental Implants or other restorative dental treatments to avoid the problem from getting worse.
State-of-the-art Dental Implants
Tooth loss and missing teeth must be addressed as soon as possible. Experience the most modern solution for these dental concerns by having Dental Implants done by your trusted dentist at Dainty Dental Care. Call us at our Bayswater Dental practice today on (03) 9720 7652 or simply book your appointment online. Here at Dainty Dental Care, your dental and oral health is our main priority.